Saturday, July 17, 2010

It Is A HOT Saturday Morning In Fort Worth Heading To 102 & A Romantic Trip To Jefferson Texas

You are standing outside on my patio in the picture, looking at the sun starting to light up the place, Saturday, July 17, on a day predicted to be the HOTTEST so far this year in my zone of Texas.

As in we are predicted to hit 102 today.

I suspect this prediction will turn out to be accurate as it is already 81 at half past 6.

I think maybe it is already time to shut the windows because I seem to be sort of heating up in here and I don't think it is due to the hot coffee I'm drinking.

Yesterday I took a pleasant virtual trip to the East Texas Piney Woods zone, to Jefferson. Jefferson is just to the west of the only natural lake in Texas, that being Caddo Lake. Jefferson is also known as the Bed & Breakfast Capital of Texas.

In Jefferson, among the dozens of B & B's, you'll find McKay House. McKay House was rated by someone or thing who rates such things as being one of the 10 most romantic inns in America. Few things make me happier than anything romantic. Lady Bird Johnson stayed at McKay House once. I do not know if Lyndon was with her. Fabio also stayed at the McKay House once, which should seal the deal on how romantic the McKay House is.

I think today I may take a pleasant virtual trip to Huntsville and check out Ol' Sparky and Sam Houston.

2 comments:

Bill Miller said...

Eagle Lake is natural too, but who's counting? Keep up the good work!

Durango said...

I have not heard of Eagle Lake. I have read over and over again that Caddo Lake is the only natural lake in Texas, which always seems really unlikely, as in, how can that be? Now, I must find out where Eagle Lake is.