Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Flying Above Fort Worth Looking Down On The Tandy Hills

From the aerial view of the Tandy Hills Natural Area you can see some of the trails. Some are hidden by trees. The big swath of trees, just to the right of the center, is what I call the Emerald Forest of the Tandy Hills.

You can not see it because of the trees, but the Emerald Forest is where the newly spruced up Tandy Highway runs.

Mount Tandy is to the right of the Emerald Forest. In the upper right you can see the red and white Fort Worth Space Needle, sitting on top of Mount Tandy.

I believe the trail to the right of the East Meadowbrook label is what I call Lost Sunglasses Ridge. Above and slightly to the left of the East Meadowbrook label I see what looks like a big rock.

You can not tell it, due to the flatness of the aerial view, but the Tandy Hills landscape is quite hilly. Hence the name. So, it is totally possible that a big rock could have been hidden from my view. Til now. Today I will see if I can find that big rock.

In a few minutes I will be parking by the Fort Worth Space Needle, on top of Mount Tandy, to do me some earlier than the norm hiking. I need to be in Arlington by 3 this afternoon, which wreaks havoc with my regular schedule.

No comments: