Monday, July 26, 2010

Betty Jo Overheats In Washington While I Am Cool In Texas

As you can see, sitting out with me on my patio, the last Monday of July is dawning with a slightly muddled blue sky.

That muddling blue likely will turn more gray later today. The prediction is for a 30% chance of rain. Usually that seems to mean it will rain. More often than not, rain with extreme prejudice, accompanied by gusts of wind and strikes of lightning.

It is 79 this morning, so I've got my windows open again.

Meanwhile, up in Washington, Betty Jo Bouvier, the Wild Woman of Woolley, spent the weekend in the south Puget Sound zone, in Puyallup, where Betty Jo apparently overheated.

This is what Betty Jo had to say about her HEAT misery, "Well we survived the hot weather of our trip. I would have liked to have died. It was something like 85 or 86 degrees. Ugh. It is still muggy out at 9:35. I think it is about 68 degrees right now, feels pretty good though."

68 degrees? If it got that chilly here I'd feel compelled to either turn on the furnace or burn some logs in the fireplace.

My pet lovebird doves, Albert and Alice, are back on their home branch, cooing away, again this morning. Albert and Alice seem to get real happy when the sun returns for one more day. I know that is how I feel about it too, but I do no cooing.

No comments: