Tuesday, July 13, 2010

105 At The New Tandy Hills Shrine With More Mysterious X's

I managed to get a decent picture of the New Tandy Hills Shrine today. I think a momentary passing of a cloud may have made the light work, so the rocks showed up.

I don't know what the theme is of the New Tandy Hills Shrine, what it symbolizes, if anything, or who is lining up the rocks.

It is yet one more Tandy Hills mystery.

Like those white X's, marking spots, that I mentioned yesterday. I came upon another of those today.

I also heard from the Ubiquitous Anonymous last night, about the mystery of the white X's.

I'll blog about what Anonymous told me in my next blogging. Suffice to say, bikinis were involved.

Which makes me think that Anonymous is Twister. Because Twister keeps track of anything bikini-related within a 50 mile radius of his location.

As you can see in the picture, due to all the rain we've been getting here, in formerly dry North Texas, the grass is an unnatural, for July, shade of green. Usually, by July, grass is a nice shade of brown.

Brown is my signature color. Or so I have been told. So, I like it when the green grass turns brown.

As I pulled away from Tandy Mountain, today, and turned on the radio, I heard the radio weather lady say it was currently 93, with the high humidity's Heat Stress Index making it feel like 105. I had not heard the Heat Index referred to as the Heat Stress Index before.

I did not find the HEAT all that stressful today. You just have to put yourself in the frame of mind that you are walking in a natural sauna and that doing so is a very healthy behavior. While you drink copious amounts of water.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gas well locations?

Durango said...

Anon, I hope not. That would be a bad bad thing.

Flangehead said...

OK, mistake posting as Anonymous as it leads to unfounded accusations.

Hashing is found all over the world; I've Hashed in Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela, Bolivia and Houston. I even remember some of them...

So when I saw your post, I just checked the DFW Hash website and guessed the location might fit.

I now live in Houston and have a utility biking problem to supplant my running problem.

On On!!