Friday, June 4, 2010

What Do You Know About Goodman Chapel In Durango Texas?

I don't remember if I've mentioned it before that prior to moving to Texas I did not know there was a town in Texas named Durango.

Unfortunately, I guess, for Durango, my Durango Texas sort of overwhelms the other Durango, Texas when someone Googles "Durango Texas".

I've only been to my Texas namesake one time. I've also only been to my namesake in Colorado one time. I have never been to my namesake in Mexico.

This afternoon I got an email from Toni. Toni Goodman King. Toni's great-grandfather's last name was Goodman. Toni tells me Goodman Chapel in Durango is named for her great-grandfather. Toni would like someone to tell her if Goodman Chapel is still standing and any info about it.

Well, I don't remember seeing a chapel in Durango. I do remember the eating establishment you see in the picture. There easily could have been a chapel. I also don't remember seeing a school. Or a grocery store. Or even a gas station.

There really was not a lot to see in Durango, Texas. The town had seen better days.

No comments: