Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Thunder Is Rolling Thursday Night In Fort Worth!

That is the Thursday at 7 in the early evening view from my computer room window. You can not hear it, due to my picture taking skills not including audio ability, but right now Thunder is Rolling.

LOUD.

Real LOUD.

It is raining hard with a bit of hail tossed in the mix.

And windy.

This was totally not predicted by our weather predictors. And WeatherBug is silent. Worthless. I need to remove WeatherBug from my computer.

Today, at noon, looking north, from Arlington, I could see a heavy rain squall in the distance, creating a strange vertical line in the sky. So, I knew rain was possible today.

But. What is happening out there right now is a drenching. A major downpour. The first in a long, long time.

I turned off the A/C and opened my windows. I'm loving the noise and the smell of the rain. And the loud booms of the thunder.

The rain is coming down in sheets now.

I must go now, and prepare to batten down the hatches.

3 comments:

cd0103 said...

Not on the West side. Not a drop. I did get a text/email from Nixie FW earlier about the storms. They were only 7 hours too early.

Durango said...

cd0103, that's so weird, we have been storming here on the east side for almost an hour. A lotta rain. The thunder is still clapping. WeatherBug finally went off with a warning. For flooding in Dallas. This is being the best storm in a long time. Lately we have been sort of storm deprived. Or so it has seemed to me.

Durango said...
This comment has been removed by the author.