Monday, June 28, 2010

In Texas With Incoming Rain & Melting Ice Cream

You are looking out my computer room window at the dawn of the last Monday of June 2010.

As you can clearly see, it's the dawn of another beautiful day in Texas.

However, as Monday unfolds it may get a bit less beautiful, or even more beautiful, if your idea of a beautiful day is rain. As in there is a 50% chance of the wet stuff falling today. Supposedly.

Speaking of wet stuff falling. Sunday afternoon Miss Puerto Rico called me, desperate for my help. Miss PR had told a friend of ours that she'd deliver her a waffle cone from Braums. When I was told of the mission I thought it had amusement possibilities. I ended up being correct in that assumption.

The Braums drive through ordering was like something out of a sit-com, only more so. As in, if this was in a scripted TV show you'd think they were exaggerating it way too much.

Miss PR's accent is not very strong. She clearly said "A waffle cone with vanilla and chocolate."

The Braums person said "One Coke with hot fudge?"

Miss PR said no, then repeated her order.

The Braums person then said, "You want 2 small cones, one vanilla, one chocolate?"

Again Miss PR corrected the order and again the Braums person would get it wrong. We went through 5 cycles of this, both me and Miss PR were cracking up. I then, really loudly and really clearly, and with no accent, said, "we want 1 waffle cone with vanilla & chocolate."

That'll be $2.15 at the window, the Braums person then said.

With the waffle cone securely in my hands we were now in a rush to deliver it. Did I mention we were in Miss PR's air conditioner-less jeep? At almost 100 degrees. Within 10 seconds the ice cream began to drip. Miss PR called the ice cream recipient to tell her to be outside ready to accept the melting ice cream in about 20 seconds.

The ice cream cone successfully changed hands and I was not rendered too sticky by the ordeal.

I suffered through way too much Miss Puerto Rico drama over the weekend.

No comments: