Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I Am Over Capacity Tweeting, Twatting & Twittering in Texas

I have found some amusement, at times, via Twitter. When I was first exposed to Twitter I thought it was pure ridiculous idiocy. After about 4 months of thinking that, I finally, sort of, got it.

Since then I've used Tweeting on Twitter to direct traffic to my websites and blogs. I'm never quite certain how well this works.

Last night I blogged about a couple of TV shows I had just watched. Then I went to Twitter them. Or tweet them. Or twat them. I'm never sure what the proper Twitter verb is.

Anyway, I could not do the Twitter thing last night. Twitter kept telling me it was "over capacity."

I was up later than my norm, it was prime time on the west coast, I figured a lot of people were busy doing what they do on Twitter.

And then this morning, when much of America is asleep, Twitter was still "over capacity." I got that message a couple times and then, apparently Twitter went into "under capacity" mode and I was able to do my Twittering thing.

How does Twitter monetize itself I've wondered more than once? There are no ads that I've noticed.

Twitter is very perplexing.

3 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Ha ha...twitter junkie

Durango said...

CT2---
I am not a Twitter junkie. I can't remember the last time anyone said anything as horribly unsettling as this junkie insinuation you have made.

hanum said...

why is twitter always over capacity? T_T