Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Fort Worth Space Needle Is Closed For Lunch So I Went To Esperanza's In The Fort Worth Stockyards Zone

We are standing on View Mountain, looking east at the Fort Worth Space Needle that points skyward from the top of Mount Tandy, today, in the Tandy Hills Natural Area.

I was late hiking the Tandy Hills today due to going out for lunch.

No, I did not have lunch at the revolving restaurant at the top of the Fort Worth Space Needle. It has no revolving restaurant. There isn't even an observation deck. Or an elevator to the top. You have to climb a ladder to get to the top of the Fort Worth Space Needle. And even that involves negotiating a chain link fence or two.

Since a high elevation revolving restaurant is not available in Fort Worth I went to the next best thing. Esperanza's in the Fort Worth Stockyards zone.

Esperanza's makes my favorite chili relleno. I'd not been to Esperanza's in awhile. Was the last time when I listened to Hillary Clinton in the Stockyards? That's a long time ago.

Today's reason to be at Esperanza's was it was Molly Magpie's birthday. So, Big Ed, Molly, me and Delores de Luca had ourselves some birthday Tex-Mex.

You know, people tell me not to use their real names on my blog. Why? I don't know. I would think they'd prefer their real names to the ones I come up with. Then again, Molly Magpie has a nice ring to it.

The only person who insists I use her real name is Elsie Hotpepper. But who can blame her? That is one cool name.

There was a good breeze blowing on the hills today. But. It was in the 90s. And humid. I sort of over ate a bit at Esperanza's. I hill hiked for an hour and a half. I hiked til I felt I'd sufficiently purged the Esperanza's excess.

And then I went home. Which is where I am now.

No comments: