Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Did Fort Worth Mayor Mike Moncrief Say I Am Sorry It Is My Fault I'm Such An Idiot?

Isn't there a song with lyrics along the line of sorry being the hardest word? Or something like that?

It has been my observation that those most in need of having the social skill of knowing how and when to apologize, don't have that social skill. I assume that lack is part of the psychological makeup that produces the frequent need to apologize for various untoward behaviors.

An example, to me, is, in a sane world, Fort Worth's Mayor, Mike Moncrief, would come to his senses and realize he has been acting as a mayor with an extremely egregious conflict of interest with the gas drilling companies poking holes in his town, with that conflict of interest benefiting Moncrief in millions of dollars.

In a righteous world Moncrief would realize the wrongness of his criminal behavior, profusely apologize to the people of Fort Worth, saying how sorry he is, resign as mayor and vow to give his ill gotten gains to the city treasury. Which is in such dire need of funds.

But that won't happen, because the only way Moncrief will ever realize he's been a bad, bad boy is if he is held accountable by the law, which apparently does not exist, for certain people, in this north of the Pecos zone of Texas.

Exploding gas pipelines, damaged drinking water, dirty air and my own watery eyes have corrupt gas drilling practices and their various Texas government enablers on my mind this morning. That and the desire to hear the guilty miscreants say "I'm sorry. I was wrong. I'll try and fix it. Please forgive me for the damage I have caused."

No comments: