Friday, June 4, 2010

At Glenview Baptist Church We Love God, Each Other & Serve The World

Every once in awhile Elsie Hotpepper says something that I am unable to parse, what with my primitive understanding of Texan English.

For instance a couple weeks ago Elsie said something like "I'm surprised you're advertising churches now."

This did not compute.

Well, then I noticed that fairly frequently, lately, Google has been putting an image ad on this very blog you are reading now, it being an ad for Glenview Baptist Church, where they love God, love each other and serve the world.

And, apparently buy Google ads.

This morning I Googled Glenview Baptist Church to learn there is a church by that name here in Fort Worth and another in Haltom City.

I have no control over the ads Google puts on my blogs and website. Google tries to match the ads to content, I think, for the most part.

I do not recollect myself talking about religion, church, God, gods, Jesus and like subjects all that much.

Maybe it's because I do mention Fort Worth fairly frequently. I wonder how many blog readers my Glenview Baptist Church ad have sent to church? I hope my churchgoers put enough in the collection plate to cover what Google pays me for the ad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It should be named the Chesapeake Church.

NOT VERY ANONYMOUS said...

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SEND YOU A MESSAGE, MY PRODIGAL SON.

Durango said...

NVA---
Blogger has been down for over half a day. So, your Not Very Anonymous message has been in limbo til now.