Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Another HOT Fort Worth Day With Flash Floods Heading Our Way From The Gulf

It's another HOT day in the Fort.

We may get a bit of a cool down tomorrow. The National Weather Service has issued a Flood Alert, starting tomorrow morning, through Thursday evening, due to a big mass of wet tropical air heading our way from the oil-slick laden Gulf of Mexico.

I am currently surrounded by a big renovation project that turned noisy this afternoon with pneumatic hammers banging wood and circular saws sawing.

About 3, this afternoon, I needed a dose of quiet, so I went to Miss Puerto Rico's to hang out on her balcony for a nice view north. And hopefully to catch a cooling breeze.

Tootsie Tonasket called today, while I was unable to answer my phone, due to being in the midst of the Tandy Hills. So, I called Tootsie back, while I was overheating on Miss Puerto Rico's balcony, where I was unable to catch a cooling breeze.

Tootsie wanted to know if I knew any good motels in Wenatchee and Richland.

I have not been to Wenatchee since 2001. I don't remember the last time I've been in Richland. So, I was of no use to Tootsie regarding her motel search.

One of my daily corespondents corresponded this morning about going to that game played professionally, by grown men, in which they hit a ball, with a stick, while others try to catch the ball and throw it. My corespondent has put me on a do-not-identify-her-by-name moratorium. I think it has something to do with being undercover and the CIA. But I'm not sure.

Just as I was typing the above paragraph, the corespondent referenced in that paragraph emailed, saying the moratorium is no longer in effect. Something to do with it being too damn HOT for a moratorium. Or something like that.

I just got a comment from the Queen of Wink about her stirring performance in Hair in New Orleans. I fear a new moratorium may be in the works.

No comments: