Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Today's Tandy Texas Technicolor

Yesterday's Thunderstorm with its accompanying rain did not muddy up the Tandy Hills, to my great relief. I was in dire need of the salubrious effects of being one with nature via hiking the Tandy Hills Natural Sanatorium Area.

One thing the rain of yesterday did seem to do was irrigate the wildflowers enough to cause them to color up the place to a level not seen by my eyes in these parts before.

Yesterday on the Tandy Hills I ran into a nice lady walking her two dogs. She is a lifelong Texan, originally from the Amarillo zone, who told me this year's wildflowers are the best she's seen in these parts, in her memory.

The picture I took today of the top of Mount Tandy wildflower field looks sort of like a Van Gogh watercolor. At least to my artistically untrained eyes.

No comments: