Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Tandy Hills Prickly Pear Cactus Did Not Give Me A Headache

I've got me a big, bad headache this last Sunday of May. And no, it is not the result of Saturday night saloon hopping with Elsie Hotpepper.

I was feeling not so good all day yesterday. Worse today. I thought going swimming would fix me. It didn't.

I thought the Tandy Hills Sanatorium would fix me. It didn't.

I think the Sanatorium made matters worse. I overheated real bad. And it's only 91. Maybe all these warnings about not going out in the Level Orange Air Pollution need to be heeded.

But, last year I had no problem with overheating. If I remember right we went to Level Red a time or two last summer without having any dire effect on me that I recall.

I remember the last time I was subjected to a surgeon's scalpel, I was forbidden to have coffee, which caused a really bad coffee withdrawal headache, which instantly went away when some drug was administered via a needle. I wish I had some of whatever was in that needle, right now.

Must eat lunch now.

6 comments:

Don Young said...

My wife and I woke up with headaches, too, Sunday morning. Must be those nasty middle of the night releases by the gas drillers. As for Level Red and Orange, I think the long term effects are worrisome. Best move away if you can.

Steve A said...

I got a stomachache. Maybe it was gas drillers and maybe it was the ride back from Golden Corral...

Durango said...

DY---
Did your headaches go away? Mine eventually did, mid-afternoon.

Steve A---
Perhaps the stomachache is a combo of the two ache sources.

twister said...

I think I'm gunna ride my bike to-night. I may still have aches, especially in the morning, but the ride'll be so much fun I'll forget about my aches, because I'll be flying along on my two wheels.

somaphx said...

Okay, I don't get the prickly pear-headache connection (Ft. Worth joint? Prior post?) but you really oughta try a prickly pear margarita .... delicioso!

Try a cold Lone Star for breakfast for that morning headache. Salud!

Durango said...

somaphx---
The PP/Headache connection made sense yesterday when I had a headache. I must try this type margarita of which you speak.

I dunno about beer in the morning. I guess I should be open mindend.