Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Cougar Kitty Courtesy Of Chesapeake Energy

You're looking at a cougar kitty. Earlier today I mentioned that a feline that looked like a cougar kitty visited with me while I was swimming this morning.

I said I was almost 100% what I was looking at was not an actual cougar kitty.

But, now I'm re-thinking the cougar kitty by the pool subject.

Due to getting a comment from the ubiquitous commenter who calls her/himself Anonymous.

Anonymous played to my newly discovered Paranoid Personality Disorder by telling me...

"It probably is a cougar kitty. Your fracking friends across the street drive out all kinds of wildlife every time they fire up the noise/pollution makers."

Well, I have been told, previously, that it was the noise and activity across the street, foisted on my neighborhood, courtesy of Chesapeake Energy, that had caused the influx of possums, raccoons, rats and snakes. But no one mentioned cougars. Til now.

I just hope there are no gators lurking in those woods.

9 comments:

zelda said...

Re: your kitty-- check this out in the SA Exp News today:
http://www.livinggreensa.com/ocelot_fatality_renews_call_for_wildlife_crossings_95733724.html

Durango said...

Thanks, Zelda. Have you seen an ocelot in the wild in your zone? I had no idea this type kitty was in Texas. Let alone that less than 50 remain in the wild in America. How many in Texas, I can't help but wonder.

KM said...

Never have I seen an ocelot. I haven't even seen an armadillo on the hoof. I really want to.

Zelda del West said...

Check this out.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/slideshows/Ocelots_95756324.html?c=n#6

Durango said...

Thanks, Zelda, those are the coolest looking cats.

KM said...

Aren't they great?

Durango said...

Zelda, there was something about the ocelot that seemed familiar, like I was thinking someone had one as a house pet.

Then I remembered Honey West, long ago TV show starring Anne Francis as Honey West, American TV's first female detective.

Honey West's design style was all leopard spots and animal prints. And she had a pet ocelot named Bruce.

I'm thinking Zelda del West should adopt a Honey West design ethic, what with your last names being the same. And you should get yourself a pet ocelot to walk around town on a leash.

KM said...

I'm totally on it. My neighbors are going to be thrilled. I'll have to look up this Honey West. Thanks for the tip.

KM said...

Okay, so I looked up Honey West on Youtube. That's pretty great, so I blogged it.