Thursday, May 13, 2010

Living In GASLAND In Texas With Josh Fox & Others

You are looking at the sort of thing we Citizens of the Shale, as in Barnett Shale, can fear coming out of our water faucets. Unodorized natural gas. That goes to flame.

Of course, the gas drilling industry does not acknowledge that such things happen. No matter who gets burned.

A guy named Josh Fox set out to document what's happening around the world, due to the now wide practice of using new technology, to do this process called fracturing, to a formerly stable layer of shale, in order to release trapped natural gas.

I have one of these fractured operations going on across the street from where I live. So far, no fire has come out of my water faucets.

The Josh Fox documentary, about the Shale Fracturing, GASLAND the movie, has been winning film festival prizes and is now being shown around the globe, including last night at the Museum of Modern Art in Fort Worth.

It was a gala affair. I can not remember the last affair I've attended that was more gala. I also do not recollect seeing Elsie Hotpepper attired in red carpet worthy fashion, before last night, nor myself, with a bow tie. Like I said. Gala affair.

Watch the YouTube video below to get an idea of what GASLAND the movie is all about...

2 comments:

Josh the Fox said...

Elsie H. lived up to her name last night, she was quite the HOTTIE. Made my Best Dressed List.

Durango said...

I agree, Mr. Fox. However, she should have worn more comfortable shoes. By the end of the evening Elsie was wobbling. I think it was due to high heels. But, there was that bar...