Monday, May 17, 2010

I Got My Annual Six Flags Pass And Am Ready For Robots From Mars

You are on the observation deck of the Oil Derrick Tower at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, in the picture, looking down at the Texas Giant wooden roller coaster.

The Texas Giant is currently out of commission while it gets renovated. I do not know if this means it loses, by default, its position as the World's #1 Wooden Roller Coaster.

I have ridden the Texas Giant one time only. The same day John F. Kennedy Jr. died. After the Texas Giant is rebuilt it is supposedly going to be a smoother ride. I would not get on it again in if it remained as it was the day JFK Jr. died. It was the most bone-jarring, back wrenching, uncomfortable carnival type ride in my memory.

Til about an hour later when I got on Six Flags Roaring Rapids Ride. It being a raft ride through rapids and waterfalls that had been deadly for at least one person, if I remember right. I did not care for the Six Flags Roaring Rapids Ride because it got me soaking wet.

And then once you are soaking wet there are signs warning you not to take off your shirt. I did not obey, instead choosing to try and dry out and risk the shirt police throwing me out of the park.

Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington went into daily operation this past Friday, May 14, now open every day until August 22. Six Flags is only a few miles from my abode. On a quiet night I can hear screams in the distance. I assume these are screams from roller coaster riders. But it is Texas, you never know from whence a scream might be coming.

Of course, fun loving boy that I am, I got my Six Flags Season Pass. It was a choice between the regular Season Pass or the new Play Pass. The Season Pass is $59.99 and gets you into Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor, plus you get free friend passes. The Play Pass is $49.99 and gets you unlimited visits to all Six Flags Parks all over the country, but does not include waterparks or friend passes. Since I do not see any non-Arlington Six Flags in my future you can likely guess which was my Six Flags Pass choice.

I can't tell you how much I am anticipating checking out the new Robots from Mars attraction, where you get to help a Mad Doctor and Sparky the Robot save the Universe from the evil Bad Man who runs Mars.

From what I understand, the designers of the evil Bad Man who runs Mars used the visage of Fort Worth's Mayor Mike Moncrief as inspiration.

So, obviously, Robots from Mars is a very scary attraction.

No comments: