Friday, May 7, 2010

Hawaiian Hiking On Fort Worth's Tandy Hills

Is that a Tandy Daisy blowing in the wind, unwilling to stay still enough for a sharp image?

The wildflowers seem as if they may have gone over the crest of their peak, noticeably, since yesterday. Maybe a shot of rain will cause a revival.

Today I hiked the Tandy Hills, in the mid-afternoon, later than my norm, with a Hawaiian, well, actually, more specifically, an Oahuan. I have hiked with a Cambodian before, but never an Oahuan.

The Cambodian Tandy Hills Hiker had a pronounced Texas accent, with nary a hint of Cambodian. The Hawaiian/Oahuan Tandy Hills Hiker did not have a pronounced Texas accent, and also did not have any hint of a Hawaiian/Oahuan accent.

I enjoyed hiking with the Oahuan and will have to do that again.

Tomorrow I have some voting to do, then later in the day some poll results party attending to do.

Right now I have to get out of here to try and find a missing person.

1 comment:

young Don said...

Plain old daisy.