Sunday, February 21, 2010

Talking & Walking With The Queen Of Wink With A Ripped Swimsuit

It is 60 out there, right now, at 3 in the afternoon, on a semi-sunny Sunday, in balmy Fort Worth. As you can see, in the forecast, this return to the Texas of my memory will not last. Freezing returns tonight, with snow on Tuesday.

The high, so far today, has been 67. Clouds blot out the sun for a few minutes sending the temperature plummeting. And then the clouds move on and the temperature soars.

I have my windows open.

This morning I stayed in the pool the longest of 2010. But my pool time turned slightly unpleasant when I somehow managed to rip half my swimming suit off as I jumped into the pool. I knew the material was deteriorating, due to the ravages of time and sun, but I did not think it would catastrophically fail like that.

I should put the swimming suit back on and take a picture. I'll be right back, wearing my ripped up, wet swimming suit. It is a sad day. This was my favorite swimming suit. Now I have no favorite swimming suit. Well, there is my birthday suit.

My escape from here, today, was my current default escape, walking around Fosdic Lake in Oakland Lake Park. I talked to Tootsie Tonasket on the way to the park.

When I parked at the park and exited my vehicle I was surprised at how much warmer it was than the 5 minutes earlier when I had entered my vehicle.

I was wearing long pants and a long sleeve t-shirt. I was way over dressed. I walked as I talked to Tootsie for about a minute when the phone made the incoming call noise. I never remember what button to push to switch calls. Eventually I hit a button that caused a call back, I think that's what happened.

Anyway, I heard someone saying hello, so I knew I'd hit the correct button. It was the Queen of Wink. I proceeded to talk to the Queen as I walked. The walking and talking went way longer than my usual walking and talking.

I overheated as I walked and talked. I believe this was the first time this year I have had beads of sweat form on my forehead in an outdoor venue. I'm pretty sure the beads of sweat were temperature related and not the result of having the Queen of Wink in my ear.

The Queen of Wink is amusing to talk to. She listens to my long-winded stories and laughs at the appropriate moment, indicating she's actually listening. Laughing at the appropriate moment gets big points with me.

I continued talking to the Queen when I entered the air-conditioned comfort of my vehicle to drive back to my abode. The Queen talk made lunch late. Which was fine, because I was not all that hungry.

Can anyone sew up my swimming suit for me?

6 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Annie loves to sew. Send her the ripped suit via snail mail with specific instructions. She'll have it sewn up in no time at all, and have you back swimming at the crack of dawn :-)

Durango said...

Ct2---
Thank you for Annie's fix offer. But that swimsuit is toast. Ain't no fixing that baby.

Gar said...

More like the butt crack of dawn. I'm going to have to quit looking at your pictures.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Hmmm...I think you'd be surprised at what agile hands can repair.

Does this mean, a shopping trip to your local Walmart?

Anonymous said...

Well, I would be glad to sew for you but you STILL haven't given me the cell number! How will I send you my random thoughts if...god help me...my hardrive crashes again or something?lol

Durango said...

CT2---
I dunno where I'll find my swimsuit replacement.

Gar---
I agree. You need to quit looking at my pictures.

Anonymous---
I sent you my cell#, but I think it went to your formerly dead hard drive.