Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I Am Not Going Snorkeling With The Fosdic Lake Birds In Icy Cold Fort Worth

I did not escape to the icy cold outdoors, well, except for my early morning pool time, til around 4 this afternoon.

I had all sorts of issues with this thing called Xara Menu, that I'd not used for a couple years. It was a total vexation because I had to have this working so I could make a cdrom that will be on its way to a convention in Phoenix tomorrow morning.

After way too much anxiety a light bulb came on and I remembered what the menu fix was. After that I sat here and marveled at how dense I can be at times. And forgetful.

The menu was fixed by 1. It being 1, another type menu needed to be addressed, that being the lunch menu. After lunch I tended to some other computering issues.

As I was fixing to get out of here and go to Oakland Lake Park for a much needed walk in the sun around Fosdic Lake I got a message from the temporary Scrabble Queen of Hawaii. I mentioned this morning she has been torturing me with her tales of tropical bliss. The afternoon tale of Kauai bliss mentioned snorkeling. And she said, "Sucks to be you." And then told me a man from Houston, sitting next to her, told her to say that to the ice cold guy in Fort Worth.

The birds on Fosdic Lake seemed to be enjoying the return of the sun. But, I think they are hungry. As I stood at the west side of the lake, taking pictures, a quartet of birds, I assume looking for a handout, headed my way, led by the bird I've mentioned before, that I call a Lulu Bird, because it looks like some sort of mutant result of the mating of two birds who should not have been reproducing.

The Lulu Bird and her gang kept coming towards shore, eventually making land and continuing to come towards me. I kept telling the gang I had nothing for them. But I don't think they understood English.

After the Lulu Bird and her gang made land a flotilla of more birds started heading my way, thinking food, I assume.

I felt really bad I had nothing to give the starving birds. Next time I'll try and remember to bring bread.

That's been my Texas Tuesday. Fun in the cold sun. No snorkeling. Menu problems. And I forgot to mention, Gar the Texan keeps making strange demands that I apologize to him. It's very perplexing.

No comments: