Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day From Texas To Anyone Who Likes Being Told Happy Valentines Day

Valentines Day, to me, is the most manufactured to sell stuff holiday of them all, created by the greeting card, flower selling and chocolate making industries.

Or maybe Valentines Day has a long, beautiful history that I've never taken the time to learn.

Anyway. I finally opened the mysterious envelope that the Queen of Wink sent me. On the outside of the envelope was a big, red, rubber Valentine type heart. I don't know how the mysterious envelope got through postal processing with that big, red rubber heart stuck to it.

Inside the mysterious envelope was a thick card. The front of the card is what you see in the picture. When I glanced at it I thought it was a big bug hitting a power line.

I was perplexed.

Then I opened the card to read "Looks like Cupid's going to be a little late this year." To which the Queen of Wink added "Happy Valentines Day. Don't know why this card reminded me of you, but it did!"

I continued to be perplexed.

Then I turned back to the cover and looked at the squished bug hitting the power line again.

That is when I noticed the little "PRESS HERE" sign on the power pole.

So, I pressed the "PRESS HERE" sign and all hell broke loose.

The bug lit up and started flashing. It was then I realized the bug was Cupid. As the electricity zapped Cupid, you could see his skeleton and he proceeded to get more and more upset as the zapping continued, eventually unleashing some un-Cupid like profane language. I think I heard the phrase "Oh Crap," which is really not something one thinks of as a Cupid-like thing to be saying.

This was absolutely the best Valentines Day card ever.

2 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Awww...now I'm very happy.

Durango said...

CT2---
Making people happy is my primary life goal, so thanks, you made me happy to make you happy.