Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Tandy Hills River Is Frozen In Fort Worth While The Hills Are Alive With Hikers

The usually roaring Tandy Hills River was frozen over today, as you can clearly see in the picture. It was frozen so solid you could walk right over it. I don't recollect seeing that before. I did not make it as far as Tandy Falls to see if it was frozen into icicles.

I was over dressed for hiking the Tandy Hills today, unlike yesterday, when it was way below freezing and windy. It was almost above freezing today. Long underwear were total overkill. As in I overheated.

I survived.

There were 4 other hiking groups, in addition to mine, that I saw today. Making this Saturday the second busiest hiking day on the Tandy Hills, that I've ever seen, with last Saturday's record breaking number stomping on the hills in the Manly Man & Wild Women hike, being the busiest.

I think, maybe, after all this time, the locals are finally figuring out what a gem they have right in the heart of this densely populated urban zone.

Or maybe it was a fluke.

Town Talk was busier than I've seen it previously. Another fluke? Or are people just tired of being cooped up inside, and with the temperature rising to a balmy 34, decided to get out and do something?

Speaking of doing something. On the drive by the notorious Beach Street/Gateway Park Express Energy Trinity River Water Thieving Operation, dozens of trucks were lined up. What these trucks carried, sand or water, I do not know.

I did notice that the 6 pumps, at river's edge, have now had their intake pipes stuck into the river. I do not believe the water sucking has begun, though. I will check in on that within the next 24 hours. And pack heat when I do so, meaning a video camera, a camera and a cell phone.

And on a related note, my chief West Texas Operative, CT2, has been doing some interesting research into Express Energy. That will be blogged about next.

No comments: