Friday, January 15, 2010

Swimming Cold In Wet Gray Texas While Thinking Of Flying To Oahu

You are looking at Ko Olina Resort in the picture. Ko Olina Resort is in Hawaii on the island of Oahu.

I've never spent any time on Oahu. So, I've never been to Ko Olina Resort.

A few days ago I mentioned, in a blogging, that I was thinking of going to Oahu to be the Houseboy of one of my all time favorite people. I'd heard she wasn't eating due to too much stress taking away her appetite.

I figured with my good cooking and powers of convincing, I'd have that appetite restored in no time.

Well, Miss CVB was talking to Miss Oahu, aka Miss BS, and mentioned that I'd mentioned that I was thinking of going over to Oahu to be Miss BS's Houseboy.

This morning I got an email from Miss BS, telling me she'd LOVE it if I flew over. Miss BS told me she is at Ko Olina Resort and instructed me to look it up. I always do what I'm told. So, I looked it up. Ko Olina Resort looks to be a really really good thing.

Miss BS says we can go off-roading in her golf cart, go snorkeling, swimming, soak up the sun and people watch.

And, as if that is not enough to entice me, Miss BS says she maybe could even get me on LOST! Saying LOST needs some new faces.

I think I mentioned before that Miss BS is a TV star, currently on LOST.

This morning, because it was in the 50s, I was able to stay in the pool for about 5 minutes. The idea, right now, of being in a tropical climate, where the ocean is warm, where you can swim as long as you want without fear of freezing an important body part, where seafood is abundant, where mangoes grow wild, well, this has me all obsessing now about going to Hawaii.

I went to book a flight via Travelocity. I can get to Honolulu and back for $416. That's not much more than it costs to fly to Seattle. The only part of this scenario that vexes me is the longest I have had the torture of being stuck on a plane was 4 and 1/2 hours, from Seattle to St. Louis.

Anymore, when I book a flight, I purposefully find one that has as many plane switches as possible. But when you fly to Hawaii it's something like 6 hours from Los Angeles to Honolulu.

Right now I am looking at another gray day in Texas. It rained last night, so the Tandy Hills are likely muddy, so I likely will not be going on a record breaking 10 days in a row of hiking the Tandy Hills today. I'm thinking there are probably some really good places to hike by Ko Olina Resort.

I need to immediately institute a regimen to get myself in satisfactory shape to make a public appearance in a swimming suit.

2 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Well, if you'd like to do a pre-reveal of your swim suit appearance I'd be more than happy to oblige. You know, just to make sure that all is well, and that you're ready for a real reveal.

Durango said...

CT2---
All right, when I'm ready to be inspected and approved, you've got the job.