Wednesday, January 6, 2010

One Last Tandy Hills Hike Before The Arctic Blast & My Friday Bro-Date

That is the Wednesday, 5 in the afternoon, view of a Tandy Hills Natural Area trail, looking north towards the incoming Blue Norther Arctic Blast from Canada.

I'd not been back to the Tandy Hills since Saturday's incident of being chased up the hills by a Wild Woman with such ferocity that I was sore all over for days.

I heard on the radio, on my way to the Tandy Hills, that with tomorrow's high wind and 15 degree temperature, the wind chill factor will make it feel like zero.

We are at 48 now at 6 pm. The Arctic Blast should arrive soon.

I returned to my abode via Beach Street again. And saw some interesting stuff in the Beach Street/Trinity Trails/Gateway Park Trinity River Water Stealing Operation Zone. I'll get to that in a subsequent blogging.

On a Tandy Hills related note. On the recently concluded Survivor Samoa's final tribal council, Brett asked Mick what they would do on a bro-date. Everyone cracked up. I'd never heard that term before. And have wanted to use it ever since I heard it.

So, today I made a bro-date for Friday to go hiking on the Tandy Hills. This bro-date is a real mystery bro. I know no photo taking of the mystery bro will be allowed. He protects his identity. Which is part of what makes him a mystery bro.

I also did not get a good picture of the Queen of Wink on Saturday. When she saw my camera aimed her way she artfully got herself not pictured, in the face-wise. Due to myself hating having my picture taken, I never bug anyone to look at the camera for me.

Now, my bro-date told me not to wait for him if he does not show up at the appointed time. I have never been stood up on a bro-date before, due to this being my first bro-date. So, the mystery bro better show up. Unless it's too cold. I'll try to understand.

2 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Oh, I thought I played that inconspicuously! Had no idea you knew I was dodging your camera on purpose! Does this mean the possible beginning of a bro-mance? Darlin', we're usually the hottest place in Texas, out here in Wink that is, and we're not supposed to have warmer weather until Saturday. I'm thinking you're setting this bro-date up for failure...

Durango said...

The camera dodge seemed pretty obvious to me.

I suppose if you go on a bro-date and then become friends with the bro that that would mean you're having a bro-mance. It's all new to me, this terminology.