Thursday, January 21, 2010

No Texas Clouds Booming In My Zone Of Texas Last Night

Yesterday's predicted Two Inch Hail and Tornado Spewing Thunderstorm did not make it to my location.

Instead it was a very quiet night here in my zone of North Texas.

While I was watching American Idol last night there were none of the annoying "important" weather interruptions by hyper-excitable local weathermen. Instead a nice little message was placed in the upper left corner saying this, that or the other place was having some storm action.

I suspect if I'd been watching something on ABC, instead of the #1 show in TV, I would have seen Pete Delkus doing all sorts of drama queening over a slightly rotating cell somewhere in North Texas that had a remote chance of turning into a tornado. Or producing hail.

I just Googled "Pete Delkus" to make sure I had the name spelled right and was surprised to see this very blog come up. I really do not have a very good memory. It was less than a year ago I mentioned Pete Delkus in a blogging, in March of 2009, title "The Texas Clouds Are Booming & Pete Delkus Is Twittering."

Anyway, that's my morning view in the above picture. A nice blue sky.

Stayed in the pool at least twice as long as any previous time this new year. I'd never thought to take the temperature of the pool water before, but did this morning. Took the hot tub thermometer and stuck it in the pool.

54 degrees.

That fits with my operating belief that the pool water temperature pretty much is an average of the air temperature over a 24 hour period. Which means it will be even warmer tomorrow.

I'm off on a photo assignment this morning. With no danger of running into Gestapo Goons.

2 comments:

Jovan Gonzales said...

Hmmm, it seems you are lucky. We (in Sulphur Springs) got the full brunt of that storm. Half-dollar sized hail for about 10-15 minutes. No joke. It was really scary! Add to that the 70mph straight line winds AND a tornado. Right when the weather channel issued a tornado warning, the satellite went dead. Then while listening to the radio, the radio station went off the air while the tornado was supposed to be happening. Pretty much a huge swath from Canton-ish to Sulphur Springs was crazy winds, hail and I believe Silver Lake also got a tornado. Count yourself lucky! :P

On a side note: the weather has indeed been amazing. Lots of walking to be done!

Durango said...

Wow, Jovo, half-dollar size hail! That's big. I think the biggest I've seen was golf ball size. I picked up several and put them in the freezer. This seemed important at the time. I'd heard on the radio this morning about Canton getting a slight tornado hit.