Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Logging The Tandy Hills In Fort Worth For The Brush Bash

I did not make it to the Tandy Hills today til late in the afternoon. A flat tire around noon caused me a bit of unwanted adventure, none of which I photo documented, due to my camera not being present.

On the way to the Tandy Hills I had to go to my bank. There's one of those on Beach Street that is on my route, if I take the freeway.

That also let me see the Beach Street/Gateway Park Express Energy water sucking operation. At 4 in the afternoon I did not see a White Darth Vader Truck, with goons, guarding the site. Maybe they finished with their water removal for the day.

Or maybe they got arrested for damaging the Trinity River levee and for driving on the Trinity Trail. Yeah, I'm sure that's why the White Darth Vader Truck was gone. The goons are in jail.

On the Tandy Hills I saw that a lot more logging had taken place, since yesterday, in preparation for Saturday's Brush Bash. Some of the logs looked like they'd make good firewood. I wonder if those are mesquite logs? That'd make a good smelling fire. I have a fireplace that I never use.

We did not get to the predicted 72 today, only to 71. Tomorrow's predicted high is 75. These balmy temperatures have warmed up my pool. I lasted about 10 minutes this morning before I'd had enough.

I got an interesting tidbit of information this afternoon. I'll blog about it tomorrow when I'm back in top operating mode. Right now I'm tired.

No comments: