Monday, January 18, 2010

Hot Martin Luther King Day Tandy Hills Hike Today In Fort Worth

It's almost 70 degrees, at half past 3 in the afternoon, this Happy Martin Luther King Day in Texas. All this HEAT had me staying in the pool, this morning, for once again, the longest duration of the new year.

I've got my windows open, so that refreshing asthma causing Fort Worth air can waft in and make me sneeze.

I figured the Tandy Hills would be dried out due to all this dryness we've been having. I was a bit wrong. I grew several inches taller as the hiking progressed, adding an ever thicker layer of mud to my shoes. I don't mind being taller, short little guy that I am, but 4 inches taller turns a bit precarious.

I saw a lot of brush that's been whacked in preparation for Saturday's Brush Bash. It looks like a clearcut former forest. Some of the brush went timber right on the trail, like you see in the picture.

Seeing all that Brush waiting to be Bashed had me wondering why a big Brush Bonfire couldn't be the disposal method. Burning that Brush wouldn't add anything worse to Fort Worth air than some of the stuff that is already being added to the air.

No comments: