Sunday, January 3, 2010

Chesapeake Energy CEO Aubrey McLendon Tipped Over In Outhouse

TXsharon sent me an Outhouse photo yesterday. It doesn't fit my particular Outhouses of the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex Project.

These Outhouses are not in a park and they are in Wise County. I think Wise County is outside the Metroplex. I think that's where Decatur is.

The details of the Outhouses spotted by TXsharon are a bit skimpy, but I believe they are at a Chesapeake Energy Barnett Shale gas drilling site.

Because, and again I repeat, skimpy details, but I think this is a Chesapeake Energy operation because apparently Aubrey McClendon was using the Outhouse on the left when TXsharon sent in a Monkey Wrencher to knock it over.

TXsharon was hoping to get a shot of McClendon climbing out of the fallen Outhouse, but drill riggers started running towards her and her Monkey Wrenching gang, so she took this one picture and high tailed it out of there.

TXsharon, obviously, is one of those Texas Wild Women you've been reading about lately.

1 comment:

TXsharon said...

Sorry for the sketchy details. I've been looking for my monkey wrench. Here, let me redeem myself with some backstory:

This is actually an Aruba Petroleum drill site. They don't really need the outhouse because they practice public urination on private property.

Many Barnett shale drillers do not provide toilets for their crews. These tilt-a-potties where used, not for toilets but, as camouflage for an information gathering mission by Aubrey McClendon, CHK's CEO. Since CHK bankruptcy rumors are still circulating, McClendon is gathering information on cost cutting techniques used by some of the smaller drillers.

When I saw McClendon enter the outhouse, that's when I pulled out my monkey wrench and the rest of the story is as you have written it.