Monday, December 14, 2009

Windows Open Shirts Off With One Week To Go Til Winter In Texas

I just got back from a hot hike at the Tandy Hills Natural Sanatorium Area. I direly needed the sanity restoring benefit of hiking on Fort Worth's best place to stand (and walk).

It is 70 right now. Which feels like 100 after our recent bout of being in a Deep Freeze as low as 17. Or was it 14?

The hiking was done today shirt-free. My windows are open. It's like Spring has arrived one week before the Winter Solstice.

Tomorrow reality returns and Spring departs while we once more are predicted to return to the Deep Freeze.

That plant you see in the picture I see in multiple locations on the Texas Prairie. I'm not certain, but I think it's called a Century Plant. I'm sure someone less horticulturally challenged than myself can make a correction identification.

I went to Town Talk after Tandy. Have I ever remembered to thank Don Young for pointing this place out to me?

Today I got Broccoli, Salsa, New York Sharp Cheddar, Jarlsberg Lite Swiss, Vanilla Yogurt, Coconut Shrimp and I forget what else. The main reason I like Town Talk isn't that you can get stuff there at a cheap price, my main reason is I get stuff there I just don't usually buy. Like these big bags of hummus. Very tasty.

Speaking of tasty. I just heard the rice cooker beep, along with the microwave beeping, indicating the broccoli is done. All I've got to do is add these things called Turtle Beans, I got previously from Town Talk, and Pineapple Salsa and lunch is done and ready to consume.

See you later. Or sooner if you're coming here for lunch.

4 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

This is very sad, so we're really going to have more winter like weather... :(

Durango said...

I think the Big Chill must arrive tonight. Currently 65 at almost 6. I've shut the windows. They may not be opened again this year, I fear.

Don Young said...

Yucca

Durango said...

DY---Does Yucca mean that's what that plant is? Or are you commenting on the return to freezing temperatures? If it's the plant that's a Yucca does that mean if I pull one out of the ground there'd be an edible Yucca root?