Thursday, November 12, 2009

Two-Legged Wildlife Spotted On Tandy Hills In Fort Worth

Today was the second time in a row I've been startled by wildlife, in human form, whilst hiking the Tandy Hills Natural Sanatorium Area. This hills are getting crowded. No longer a 99.9% guaranteed solo experience.

I was coming down a steep hill and crossing a creek when a human voice greeted me. The greeter then scurried up the next hill, ahead of me. I whipped out my camera and caught the rare wildlife, I mean human, sighting on film, I mean, memory card.

The hills other hiker quickly went off trail. He was taking pictures with a big, old-fashioned, non-digital type camera, common in the last century. Maybe he went off trail looking for the mysterious Witchey Tree & the Death Van. I've given up finding it.

The air in Fort Worth does not seem as dirty as it did yesterday. My windows are open and my eyes are not burning. I now believe the symptoms I presented earlier were a false alarm and I am not coming down with an ailment. I hope.

2 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Very happy to hear that you're not ailing after all. My favorite class back in high school was journalism. We got to use those big old cameras and develop the pictures in the dark room. I was even the victim of a really bad practical joke, maybe one day when I can take the razzing I'll tell ya about it.

Anonymous said...

So you ate at Riscky's after your hike? I like their North Side store on Azle Avenue. For one thing it's closer to me than the Stockyards location. And the Azle Ave Riscky's is in an old grocery store similar to the Kincaid's Hamburgers joint on Camp Bowie. Which I think is rather cool.

-the original ubiquitous anonymous commenter