Sunday, November 8, 2009

Technological Neanderthals In Texas

Now this is pathetic.

This afternoon I was over at Miss Puerto Rico's. She showed me some photos on her cell phone that she took on her recent trip to the island to see her mom and dad in Coamo.

That is mom and dad in the picture. In a hospital in San Juan.

So, Miss PR was showing me the pics on her cell phone and asked me how she could get them off the phone and onto her computer where she could print them.

I had no idea how to do this. I use a camera to take pictures, not a cell phone.

And now here is where it gets a bit embarrassing. We can't figure out how to take photos off the cell phone, when I have the bright idea of using my digital camera to take pictures of the pictures on the cell phone. So, the cell phone gets laid on the floor, I set my camera to macro mode and disable the flash and take pictures.

This seems to have worked. But there's got to be a better way. Maybe Miss Puerto Rico should consider getting a digital camera.

4 comments:

Jovan Gonzales said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I mean. Sorry. What kind of phone is it? If it's a RAZR, you'll have to get a mini USB to USB cord, if it's a blackberry you'll have to get that blackberry cord thing and the blackberry utility tool. You can e-mail me if you haven't figured it out yet.

jovangonzales@gmail.com

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

I'm gabberflasted! Miss PR should have an option in her Media menu to send picture to an email or to an online album. Either way, that gets the pics off the phone and onto the computer. Most of my pics come from my cell phone...believe it or not.

Durango said...

Thanks for the advice Jov & CT2. It all seems like way too much bother and way to complicated for the technologically challenged. Can I just keep using my digital camera that is not also a phone?

Anonymous said...

Or use the tried and true method--see Durango's "exposure" of my Senior picture/eigth grade and mamaw's pride and joy from a few months back. I have a much bigger problem: how do y'all correct your typing on the computer without using bottles of white-outs? Any suggestions or cheap tricks (even costly truths)would be preciated--sorry I done run out of white-outs agin. Your friend--BillyHill p.s.I almost went to A&M, Jovan, but them snooty people said that eith grade don't count as a senior year--"despite the fact that you attnded eigth grade two years in a row, Mr. Hill." How did you get in, Jovan?--going to eighth grade three staight years? That must be it!!Hot dang.