Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Wednesday Stormy Texas View From Miss Puerto Rico's Balcony

That is the stormy, 3 in the afternoon, Wednesday view from Miss Puerto Rico's balcony, in what may be the last in the current "View From Miss Puerto Rico's" series.

Miss PR called from the island today, confused about the flight info I'd printed up for her. She starts her trek back to Texas real early in the morning. I drew pickup duty at D/FW tomorrow around 3.

The last time I had pick up duty, when I arrived, Miss Puerto Rico was standing at the curb, outside the terminal, yapping on the phone. She did not notice me walk up and wheel off with her rolling luggage. About a minute later I heard screaming and a lot of fingers pointing my way from those who had seen the heist.

A lot of rain has fallen on us in North Texas today. I've not heard how the Haltom City collection of Fossil Creeks is doing during the flash floods. I heard from the Haltom City Flood Monitor early this morning, but not a peep since. This concerns me.

I was north of my current location during a bad part of the storm. I had to exit my vehicle and traverse unprotected ground for about 200 feet to reach shelter. I was pretty much drenched by the time I reached where the rain couldn't reach me.

But not as wet as I got this morning down at the pool. Just a few drops fell on my way to the water. Then a downpour started up about 10 minutes in. Usually I don't put back on my t-shirt after I get out of the water. This morning I did put it on, because I was shivering like a shaking leaf in a heavy wind. Shiver shaking is really good exercise. I don't recommend it, though. It's sort of an extreme sport.

I have not been a blogging maniac today. Except for blogging about Kieran the Scottish American and his Quiver invention. I learned after that blogging that Kieran's Quiver will be available for sale before Christmas.

In other Durango News of the day, someone named Aldo Singer asked me to be a guest blogger on CheapOair. It looks legit. I am unclear on why I would be motivated to do this.

No comments: