Friday, October 16, 2009

It Is A Very Blue Day In Texas With Live Catfish

That is the sunny, blue noon view from Miss Puerto Rico's balcony. The sunny view matches my current sunny disposition.

Hot temperatures have not returned with the blue sky, like what usually happens, unless it is the dead of winter. It is only 64 out there right now at half past 2.

I had to be in Arlington today. So, I decided that made for a good excuse to walk around at Veterans Park and to go to Chinatown. A new grocery store opened since my last visit to Chinatown. Fort Worth Weekly gave a rave little mention to the new grocery store. So, I went there. The rave little mention was well warranted.


Veterans Park was mostly dried out from our recent deluges. This park has paved trails that are very well done. And unpaved trails and rugged, hilly areas that are also quite well done. And, as you can see, more blue sky.

Above is the new Cho Saigon New Market. It was also under a blue sky. It was very busy. With a lot of shoppers who weren't Asian or of Asian descent. I'm often the only non-Asian in the other store I go to in Chinatown. Everything was nice and shiny and new. The checkouts had big flat panel screens. The debit card reader was of a new nice and shiny sort I'd not seen before.

The produce section had a lot of good stuff. I got the best celery I've seen in a long time. The meat/fish area was very popular. There was a big sign overhead with the 6 steps you could choose to have done to the fish you wanted to buy. Step 1 was just get the fish and walk away. By the time you got to Step 6 the fish was cleaned, gutted, cut up and deep-fried.

There is a wall filled with tanks full of live seafood, like crab and catfish and a lot of others that were alien to me. So, you can pick a fish and they'll take it from swimming in a tank to handing it to you deep-fried.

So, that's been my blue Friday in Texas so far. In the pool after the sun lit up the place and turned the sky blue, with the following hours being equally pleasant. For the most part.

No comments: