Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fosdic Fishing With Ducks In Hot Humid Fort Worth

The sky was dripping this morning for an hour or two. By noon it had dried up enough to escape to Oakland Lake Park for a walk around Fosdic Lake. It was in the 80s with the rain having made it real humid out there.

Due to it being a bit warmer the past couple days the pool was a bit warmer this morning around 6 than it was during our severe recent cold snap.

That is the Fort Worth Needle, also known as the Tandy Mountain Tower, that you see rising from the trees on the west side of Fosdic Lake. Those ducks in the foreground do not give me much time to take a picture. They expect food from me and start waddling my way as soon as I stop to take a picture.

The Fosdic Lake ducks can get very aggressive when they want something to eat. I should make more of an effort to bring them some duck food.

Speaking of food, my favorite Washington state gourmet has put pears and bleu cheese on my mind. That combo sounds real good. I've got a lot of really good bleu cheese, but where am I going to find a decent pear in Texas?

I think I've mentioned before that there are warning signs at various locations around Fosdic Lake advising that it might not be a good idea to eat fish you catch here. This warning does not seem to stop people from doing a lot of Fosdic fishing.

Today it was an old man and his pole angling for Fosdic fish. I was on the other side of the lake when I used my camera's maximum zoom to take a picture of the Fosdic fisherman. I don't know if he caught anything. I do know there are fish in the lake because I saw one jump out of the water, near the trio of ducks.

The forecast is for stormy weather with thunder starting up by late afternoon. So far it appears to be behaving itself out there.

No comments: