Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fort Worth Birds Grounded By Downpour While I Get Wet

You are looking through my rain covered windshield at some birds seeking shelter from the rain by perching themselves under one of the overpasses at the I-820/I-30 Mixmaster.

I was heading to Wal-Mart to get coffee. When I pulled into the parking lot I saw a lot of umbrellas. I decided to use mine so as to avoid getting totally soaked.

The umbrella kept part of me dry, but my long pants were too long and the water was too deep, so the pants served as a water wick sucking up rain.

Right now, looking out the window, the only thing I see falling is a few leaves. This may just be a temporary respite, though. It still looks dark and menacing out there.

2 comments:

Steve A said...

A true Washington boy would SNEER at any umbrella...

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Wal Mart:
You should check out peopleofwalmart.com for funny pics of people shopping at Wal Mart. They're at Twitter too.

I'm thinking of sending peopleofwalmart some contrived pics to prank the owners of that site. Wish me luck, Mr. Durango!

-Fred from Funkytown