Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The State Fair Of Texas & The Big Boots Of Big Tex

Those are the big boots of Big Tex, standing by the Cotton Bowl at the State Fair of Texas. Big Tex is quite tall. And he talks.

The State Fair of Texas takes place at Fair Park in Dallas, running from September 25 til October 18.

I did not go to the State Fair of Texas last year. And the visit the year before was cut short due to physical ailments affecting myself and my co-fairgoer. Despite the pain, I still had fun.

Texas puts on good festivals and parades. At the State Fair of Texas you get both a good festival and a good parade.

The winners of the 20o9 Big Texas Choice Awards have not been announced, as far as I know. I could not eat any of last year's winners. The Best Taste winner was Texas Fried Cookie Dough. The Most Creative winner was Deep-Fried Latte. Then there was Fernie's Fried Chili Frito Burrito, B.W.'s Original Fried Banana Pudding, Zesty Fried Guacamole Bites, Country-Fried Peach Cobbler-on-a-Stick and Mama's Fried Sweet Potato Pie.

It all sounds real yummy.

In the YouTube video below I walk through the State Fair of Texas Midway. You'll likely see some of the food goodies mentioned above and you will hear Big Tex talk...

No comments: