Monday, September 21, 2009

Hiking Tandy Hills & Battening Down The Hatches Awaiting An Incoming Texas Storm

Due to too much rain in the past couple weeks, I've not been able to set foot on my favorite place within a 5 mile radius of my abode, that being Tandy Hills Natural Sanatorium Area. But today I took a big gamble and drove myself to the Sanatorium, thinking it may have dried out enough to make the place navigable.

My gamble paid off. There were a couple areas of slight muddiness, but other than that, I had myself a real fine, sanity restoring, hike.

Due to our recent deluges there was a very slight trickle rumbling over Tandy Falls. The trickle really was too minuscule to show up in a picture, not with my limited photographic skills.

The National Weather Service has issued a dire warning that we can expect Flash Flooding here, starting sometime this afternoon. A cold front is moving in from the north to do battle with a warm front, currently blowing quite hard, from the south. Several inches of rain are expected, along with the usual sidelights, like lightning and its accompanying thunder.

But right now it is pretty much clear blue sky, making it a bit hard to believe that Apocalypse Now will be booming in a few hours from now.

The sun does not turn the light on here til a bit past 7 at this point in time, one day before the Fall Equinox. I was in the pool after the sun had risen. Each day the pool is a bit colder than the day before. How did I manage to get in that thing all winter long last year, I can't help but wonder? We'll see if I manage that this year. I suspect I will.

No comments: