Monday, August 31, 2009

Star Telegraph's Way With Words


Several months ago a new blog showed up in town, calling itself "Star Telegraph." I do not know who is behind the Star-Telegraph blog.

Due to how I have, at times, made a little fun of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, I have been asked, a time or two, if the Star Telegraph is my blog. It definitely is not. But I wish I'd thought of that name.

Whoever it is who writes the Star Telegraph, he or she or they, have really good taste and a highly discerning eye for clear, high-quality thinking and writing.

Just this past Friday was the following blog post in the Star Telegraph...

A way with words

As usual, we enjoyed Durango's honest opinion about the Trinity River Vision Boondoogle. You will enjoy it, along with the interesting picture.

Read all about it on Durango's blog.

This was not the first time the Star Telegraph showed such good taste in singling out something in this blog. I can't remember when or what, right now, but thought I'd mention the latest.

3 comments:

Don Young said...

I agree with you on the S-Telegraph's exquisitely good taste such as this recent post:

http://startelegraph.blogspot.com/2009/08/gateway-to-where.html

Exquisite! Whenever I feel like you did today I just tune in the S-TG and I feel better instantly. I tried to find out who runs the thing, too, but they declined to divulge their identity(ies). They ought to have a contest and give a prize to the first person that can ID them. Maybe a nice gift certificate to Town Talk, aka: Scratch 'n Sniff.

I guess the S-TG has stolen away the title I gave you: The Enigmatic Mr. Durango. You had a good run though. Nice pic of Eryngo, by the way. I used to call it purple thistle before someone corrected me.

http://www.wildflower.org/plants/result.php?id_plant=ERLE11

Durango said...

While I agree regarding the Star-Telegraph's exquisitely good taste, it saddens me to lose my Enigmatic title. But I did have a good run.

The Eryngo purple thistle plant is very interesting looking.

I was at Town Talk today. No produce in the produce cooler, but I did find a bottle of flax seed oil for only $1.99. That stuff is good for you.

Don Young said...

Your modesty overwhelms me.

Flaxseed oil. My dog swears by it.

Yep.