Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Seafair on Lake Washington

I guess today on my blog I am continuing my "I'm Homesick" theme. That body of water you are looking at is called Lake Washington. Lake Washington has 2 floating bridges that cross it. Seattle has an annual event that lasts for weeks called Seafair. Seafair starts off with a big event called The Torchlight Parade. I blogged about that very parade when I was in Seattle last summer.

Another part of Seafair is hydroplane races. I've never quite understood the fascination with watching those boats go fast, but thousands of others do, lining the shores of Lake Washington, or floating on the water, on various devices, to watch the big boats go fast and spray a lot of water.

At some point during Seafair, I think it's during the hydro races, the Blue Angels put on a show, making an awful lot of noise.

My one reader may remember me mentioning, a week or so ago, the re-discovery of a lost memory about going swimming in the moonlight at Bay View. Me and 2 others, in our undergarments, though only one of the perpetrators remember this.

Well, the party who remembers that swim is the party I refer to, for privacy sake, as Miss C. Well, I told Miss C that anything she sends me I may use as blogging fodder. Miss C sent me the above Seafair photo this morning. Miss C's daughter, who I'll call Lil' Miss C, due to both misses having first names that begin with 'C', is the young lady on the left in the picture.

I am almost certain the 3 girls are wearing swimsuits and Lil' Miss C is not following her mom's penchant for swimming in a warm Washington lake in her underwear.

By the way, Lake Washington is a huge, natural lake. It was not built as part of any sort of vision damming up a river to make a little lake.

1 comment:

Steve A said...

If you don't love "thunderboats," you're too young. Miss Exide, Miss Bardahl, Miss Thriftway, the Atlas Van Lines Special, Hawaii Kai, and their nemesis, the Budweiser beer wagon.

Did you never tie a homemade one by a string to the back of your bike?