Sunday, August 2, 2009

On The Road With Rachel

My favorite TV Star sent me a rather inspiring video this morning. It's basically about an 89 year old youngster named Rachel and her special love affair. With her Comet Caliente, which she bought new, 45 years ago, that she has driven over 540,000 miles.

Including driving solo to her 70th class reunion, which was an over 3,000 mile road trip.

Rachel is one sharp lady. I wish I paid as much attention to vehicle maintenance as Rachel does. She buys all replacement parts with a lifetime guarantee. Rachel has gotten 16 free battery replacements from Penneys, even after Penneys shut down their Auto Centers, passing off the guarantees to Firestone.

Below is a YouTube version of the video my favorite TV Star sent me this morning....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome!

Tootsie Tonasket said...

Love that lady and love her car. And love my 62 Ford Fairlane. I wanna be like her. Wonder what her phone number is.