Sunday, August 16, 2009

Melancholy & Baldness Outbreak Goes Epidemic

Gar the Texan made a totally inappropriate comment about my new hair-free hairstyle. The poor boy seems to always be about a decade out of sync. He had a mullet, known in the Northwest as a Pocatella-doo, well into this century.

I was appalled when I first met Gar the Texan and saw he had hair that said, hello, I am visiting from 1980. It took all my tactful, diplomatic skills to get that boy to realize the error of his hair choice. Within a year he credited my good advice with causing him both a promotion at work and the acquiring of yet one more wife.

And just recently Gar the Texan learned he will someday have a house in Germany, courtesy of that new wife. Without my gentle prodding to lose the mullet, none of this good fortune would have fallen Gar the Texans way. But is he grateful? No. Instead he cast aspersions, today, on my advice giving. I'm appalled.

Meanwhile, I guess Ryan Seacrest decided to try out being bald. I don't know how to get to the totally bald point. Nair for Men?

In addition to the self-inflicted baldness epidemic, melancholy also seems to be spreading. Today my physical therapist, Dr. L.C., came down with a bad case of the blues. I tried to get her to come hiking with me at the Tandy Hills Natural Sanatorium Area, but she refused. Without my daily boost of endorphins triggered by aerobic stress, I'm a mess. After I get my fix, I'm a new person, before that, not so much.

8 comments:

Gar said...

Oh CDD. I don't remember making any totally inappropriate comments. Isn't inappropriateness rather subjective?

This seemed like a mean-spirited posting towards my person.

I've never had anything but the utmost respect and adoration for you, CDD.

I'm hurt by your words, some of which are dripping with sarcasm, which seem to be written in such a way as to give less educated readers a poorer opinion of me.

I must go back and see what I have done to CDD to deserve such verbiage.

Durango said...

Who is CDD? And what in the world are you whining about?

Gar said...

I'm not whining. I'm complaining.

CDD (Chrome Dome Durango).

Durango said...

Oh. Stop complaining then. You've got nothing you need to be complaining about. And quit making fun of my lack of hair. It's so convenient. I just got back here, overheated, splashed water all over the bald zone, totally cooled down. I am a bit sunburned though.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Oh, Mr. Durango..., are you being a rule monger? I seem to remember a certain Queen who was scolded for making rules about whining...

Durango said...

CT@---I have a different set of rules that apply to myself. Simplified. I can be a rule monger. You can't.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Is that because you're older and wiser?

Durango said...

Yes, CT2. And balder.