Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hiking Hot Leads To Driving Without A Seatbelt Again

That is the tree tunnel on Barnett Street, looking west towards the Tandy Hills eastern entrance and the beautiful skyline of downtown Fort Worth in the distance.

It was a bit on the HOT side hiking on a Texas prairie today. I was a wet mess by the time I made it back to the air-conditioned comfort of my vehicle. And I did not put on my seat belt til I wanted to. Being really HOT makes me willing to risk being caught, again, by the Fort Worth Gestapo.

Who was this Barnett person who has his/her name on so many things, like this street and the shale that is under this street?

Yesterday, or was it the day before, I mentioned what I see to be a shortage of flowers here in North Texas. But, even though it is now August and we have had plenty of very HOT days, there are still wildflowers blooming on the Tandy Hills.

I was not here at this point in time last summer, I don't think I'd discovered the Tandy Hills by the summer preceding last summer, but time flies so fast, I may have, but I sure do not remember seeing wildflowers anywhere in Texas this time of the year, any other year.

The above is one very convoluted sentence. I wonder if it will make sense to anyone but me?

The purple flower is a new wildflower that's been blooming of late on the Tandy Hills. Dozens of them.

So, that's been my day today in Texas. Up early and swimming, HOT hiking at noon and a lot of computer frustration between escapes.

No comments: