Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dodging Discs, Looking For Daisy & Being A Giant In Chinatown

No. That's not the deck in my backyard. It's a deck in the Xeriscape Garden at Veterans Park in Arlington. I went Cicada hunting there today. I was unsuccessful. I heard the noisy buggers, but I saw none, nor the remains of one.

Today there were way too many Disc Golfers filling the air with spinning little flying saucers. Those things can fly quite a distance and make no warning noise. I've only been hit once and have had a couple close calls.

There was a poster stuck to a sign in Veterans Park. Someone lost their Brindle Boxer named Daisy. She being a 10 year old with a graying beard. If you know Daisy's whereabouts, call Steve at 817.944.1559. There's a reward.

When I was done Cicada hunting I went to the Hong Kong Market in Chinatown. I always feel like a giant when I'm there, today more so than usual, because a pair of really tiny Chinese ladies seemed to be following me around. They were speaking Chinese. I guess it could have been Korean. Or Vietnamese. It's not like I can tell the difference. I liked listening to them. Their voices were very high pitched and melodious. I often see Chinese, well, let's just call them women from Asia, since I realize I don't know what Asian country they are from, dressed in native garb when I'm in Chinatown, with their faces made up real nice.

When I left Hong Kong I went to the Dallas Cowboy Wal-Mart Supercenter. But, that's a separate blogging.

1 comment:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

I just viewed a biography yesterday about Edward "Steady Ed" Headrick, the inventor of disc golf. He told his family he wanted to live on as a frisbee after his death. They respected his wishes and mixed his cremated ashes into a batch of flying discs. There are a limited number, and the proceeds will go to fund a museum in Steady Ed's honor.