Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Texas Pottery & Sculpture Guild Press Release

If you have a strong hankering (that is Texas speak meaning desire) to meet me, that might happen at a special "Meet the Artists" wine and dessert reception taking place Friday, July 10, at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center.

The Texas Pottery & Sculpture Guild's bi-annual "Sizzling Summer Sale," is scheduled to take place the aforementioned Friday, from 5-9 pm, and on Saturday, July 11, from 10 am - 4 pm.

The Fort Worth Community Center is located at 1300 Gendy Street. That is in Fort Worth's Cultural District, near the National Cowgirls Museum and Hall of Fame.

There will be artists from North Texas, featuring functional and decorative artwork. There will be a silent auction benefiting the Texas Pottery & Sculpture Guild and the Emergency Artists Support League. There will also be a raffling of a distinctive teapot.

Okay, I've done my community service duty as part of the Fort Worth Coalition of Bloggers Bettering Fort Worth. I was sent the above information as a press release for my consideration. I considered it and decided to release it.

5 comments:

twister said...

Well...I have a hankering but I don't know if its strong or not...=)
But I might try to get out Saturday to see ya. Give us and update so we wont forget...

Durango said...

Twister---
Regarding that hankering and the Pottery thing. Sometimes with me you have to parse me words, as in...

"If you have a strong hankering (that is Texas speak meaning desire) to meet me, that might happen..."

The word to parse in the above would be "might". As in may or may not.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Ya'll are too funny with your Texas speak. I'm fixin to grab some grub and was figurin on a bit of Tex Mex or Chicken Fried steak, mashed taters with a gob of white peppered gravy, BUT...since I'm hankering for a hunk of "DURANGO" I'd best be leavin the fried food alone and stick with salad. Tee hee

Durango said...

You makin' fun of our Texas speakin' girl? You a Yankee? We don't take kindly to you Yankee type makin' fun of the way we talk. We think y'all talk through your noses. It's not pleasant to listen to, your damn Yankee accents on TV all the time.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

In the most annoying nasal laugh of Fran Drescher, "Ha, ha, ha".