Wednesday, July 15, 2009

President Obama Throws A Baseball Better Than I

I have not listened to Rush Limbaugh much of late. His gloomy doomy, over the top, anti-Obama stuff really seems a bit over done. Not that I'm not among those a bit non-plussed with how things are going Obama-wise.

But today's grist for the mill was really ridiculous. The issue was that at some baseball all-star game, Obama threw a baseball like a girl. Which really is insulting to girls, I would think. I mean, I've got 3 sisters who can throw a baseball way better than me. For me it would be a compliment to tell me I throw like a girl. But, it would be an insult to my sisters to tell them they throw like their brother.

It's all over the Internet, today, the issue of Obama's baseball throwing skills. Some drop the politically incorrect "throws like a girl" verbiage and change it to he throws a baseball in a dainty way.

Like me, President Obama is left-handed. Like me, President Obama is not adept at throwing a baseball. Like me, I suspect, President Obama probably grew up thinking that developing the skill of throwing a baseball is nothing but a pointless, boring waste of time.

Now, me, knowing that I could not hit the proverbial side of a barn, if I were president, I would not let anyone get me out on a baseball mound. I likely would, by the time I became president, taken the great political risk of letting it be known that I am not a fan of baseball, never have been, never will be, and that I ain't throwing no stinking baseballs. Even more than football, I've never understood what could possibly hold anyone's attention watching a baseball game for hours. I can see watching a pro sports game every once in awhile, like once a year watching the Super Bowl and paying attention to the commercials, but to watch multiple games a week of grown men playing with each other, just seems perverse to me.

And don't get me started on how bizarre it is that our economic system is so screwed up that millions of bucks are paid to ostensibly grown men to play these children's games, while millions of other pay millions, make that billions to watch the grown men play the children's games. And somehow muster caring, whether or not, the grown men playing children's games, win or not, acting as if these are important matters.

It's vexed and perplexed me for decades now. Below is a YouTube video of Obama throwing like me....

1 comment:

Laura said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9bREvWUtQI

I second the motion for this girl to become Presidet Obama's Pitching Czar.