Thursday, July 2, 2009

HOT Dizzy Texas Hiking With Leaks A Nurse & Skywalking

That's the 96 degree noontime view of my water bottle and the Fort Worth Skyline from midway up to the summit of Tandy Mountain in the Tandy Hills Natural Area, which was being very natural today.

No wind, not even a little breeze, total dead calm.

From the time I got up this morning I've been being light-headed and a bit dizzy. My blood pressure is low. Walking around in the near 100 degree heat did not make me dizzier.

I have this same problem every year around this time. Due to the heat I eat less and drink more. More water. I start dropping weight. I try to eat more, but still the weight drops. It's vexing. But not too vexing.

On my Roadtripping Blog this morning I blogged about the Grand Canyon Skywalk. I knew about this thing, but I really didn't know all that much about it. I thought it was a big horseshoe shaped thing that stuck out over the canyon with a floor of glass that you walked all over. There is a floor of glass, but the glassed walk is just the perimeter of the horseshoe, the inside of the perimeter is open air. The walls and floor of the Skywalk are made with glass 2 inches thick. 2 inches? I found this information unsettling. You can read all about the Grand Canyon Skywalk and watch a video of its grand open by going to my Roadtripping Blog.

Speaking of me being dizzy. Here's an example. Yesterday I blogged about a video of Beavers Bend and Broken Bow Lake in Oklahoma. I said click here to watch the video. But the link went to the World's Biggest McDonalds, up by Tulsa. I must make these type mistakes all the time. I only caught this one by pure fluke.

A nurse from, I think, Missouri, emailed me asking if she could be a guest blogger. Her last names is Jones. Maybe she thinks we are related. I told her to send me an example of a blogging. Ms. Jones has not sent me one yet.

Anyone else out there want to be a Guest Blogger? Some Texas thing that would fit on this blog? Or maybe you'd like to spew your opinion about some TV thing that I'd put on my TV Blog? Or maybe you've got a good story for my Roadtripping Blog. I'm a stickler for spelling and grammar, sorta, but don't worry about that, those type woes are easily fixed.

I see Jammin Mole has commented on my Cockroach pets. Maybe Jammin would like to expand on her Roach experiences in a full blown Guest Blogging. But why would she? Jammin has her own blog.

There was still color on the prairie today, in the form of diehard wildflowers, surviving the 100 degree HEAT. The purple flower in the closeup, above, looks like it should wilt fast, but those delicate looking wildflowers have been persisting for quite some time now. I do not remember seeing these wildflowers last year. This was supposed to be a bad wildflower year. Early on that seemed to be true. But then they seemed to rebound, sprouting new stuff. In the other flower picture you see what the closeup flower looks like in relation to the rest of its section of the prairie.

It is remaining fairly green here in North Texas, despite the drought. I don't know how much longer that will last. The things staying green, I mean.

My latest local water leak, which had created a minor lake I had to wade through to cross one of my frequently used sidewalks, has now been fixed. If they could only harness the water of all the leaks the drought would be no problem. Or so it would seem. Then again, I'm dizzy, what do I know?

3 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

None of my roach stories occurred in Texas so that's out of the question.

Dangerous sleepwalking, low blood pressure, dizziness, anorexia, forgetfulness...I'm hoping you're wearing one of those Life Alert thingys, I'm a bit worried about you! :P

Durango said...

There's a lotta worrying going on that I'm on a slippery path heading towards a morning where I wake up dead.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

I almost took the bait, see...blondes can learn new tricks ;)