Monday, April 20, 2009

Wind Chimes Need To Be Banned

Way back in December of last year I blogged about how much I dislike the noise pollution caused by windchimes. And the fact that there seems to be no awareness, here in Texas, that the things unfairly impede upon the peace and quiet and privacy in ones own home.

More enlightened parts of the world, like cities and towns in west coast states, ban the noisemakers from being used within a certain distance, like 300 feet, of a neighbor's ears.

I really don't know how anyone can be so cluelessly rude as to impose this type irritant on their neighbors.

Anyway, the reason windchimes are fresh on my mind is not because I've got my windows open and am hearing one, all I'm hearing is a lot of melodic birds chirping. The reason the windchime pet peeve is fresh on my mind is because the ubiquitious Mr. or Ms. Anonymous commented on what I wrote previously about windchime noise pollution. I thought the comment was amusing, so I'll repeat it below...

I bought an inexpensive sounds of windchimes CD and sent it to my neighbor asking if they could take down the chimes and instead listen to this in the privacy of their own home. Still waiting to see what happens as these windchimes are HUGE.......they hang from a post on their back deck that looks like a hangman's noose device. If my diplomacy doesn't work....I'm going Navy Seal on the thing.

1 comment:

cd0103 said...

Oh dear. I am so glad you don't have to listen to mine. I have 6 sets. When it REALLY gets windy here, I wonder if my neighbors want to kill us. I guess the answer is yes.