Monday, April 13, 2009

Veterans Park, Chinatown, Wildflowers & Golfing in Texas

Yesterday's rainy Easter kept me indoors most of the day, except for a drippy morning swim that was quite pleasant. I repeated the swim this morning, though under blue sky.

With yesterday's unpleasantness behind me I was in need of a walk and some goods from Chinatown. So, it was off to Veterans Park in Arlington to take care of the walking need and then on to Chinatown for red peppers and oyster sauce, among other things.

At Veterans Park I noticed a sign I'd not noticed before. Its list of prohibitions and warnings amused me. Number 2 said "No Golfing Allowed in Park." While #5 warned, "Caution: Disc/Frisbee Golf in Area.

So, #2 said no golfing while #5 warned you to watch out for the golfers. Sort of.

Easter's heavy rain seemed to have done no damage to the wildflowers at Veterans Park. I saw a couple I'd not seen before, like the red one in the picture.

After Chinatown my intention had been to come back here and make lunch. But, I was convinced to agree to go to The Tandoor Restaurant for their buffet again. It was good.

These type places fit in with my plan to gain weight. I got comments to my blogging yesterday about Morbid Obesity that convinced me that I should not write about such things unless I was writing from personal experience.

I figure it'll take me about 6 months to get Morbidly Obese. Give or take a month or two. Seems like this could be an expensive project. I used to know a Hugely Morbidly Obese person, in fact, it was from that unfortunate acquaintance that my fascination with the disease was born. She was so obese and had such expensive food tastes I figured she was waddling around wearing 20-30 thousand dollars worth of pure blubber. It takes a lot of cookies, pies and butter to make that much heft.

No comments: