Monday, April 27, 2009

Singing in the Rain at Oakland Lake Park

Coming up on noon that dreaded stir crazy thing started creeping up on me. Lightning was no longer striking, the rain was no longer downpouring.

So, I decided to brave the elements and bumbershoot it to Oakland Lake Park. I was not alone. There were a lot of ducks also braving the elements. They didn't seem too happy about it. But there was a big flock of doves that seemed to be having a good time with a bird seed buffet a bird lover had tossed out for them.

There was a little group of 4 little ducks. Are they called ducklings? I don't know. I was concerned they'd been orphaned. They seemed too little to be on their own on the lake. By the time I walked by the little guys a second time a big duck had showed up. I assume it was mom.

I don't know what type bird that is in the first picture. Every time I got close the pair would fly off. They looked like a skinny, more colorful version of a regular duck.

So, that was my Mother Nature communing for the day. And now I await the arrival of a professional cockroach killer.

No comments: