Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Red Flag Warning: Don't Get Sick In Texas

Apparently if I don't blog at my usual pace, the lack causes concern. As in I got an email from my one reader asking me if I'm all right, due to me not blogging this morning.

Well. I may not look as ill as the guy in the drawing, but that's pretty much how I felt this morning. By yesterday afternoon I sort of had an inkling I might have a virus inside me wanting to get out. I'd been around an extremely germy person a few days prior.

So, late yesterday afternoon I went to Wal-Mart and got a chicken and all the stuff to make Chicken Tortilla Soup. Tortilla Soup always makes me feel better. So, this morning I made the soup and several bowls later I'm feeling way better.

Due to this under the weather problem I have unintentionally followed my physical therapist, Dr. Layla's, "slow down" advice. As in, even though it was quite warm this morning and I'm sure the pool was way warmer than yesterday, I did not go swimming. Today has seen no bike riding or hiking.

But I did make my weekly trek to Sprouts Farmers Market to stock up on good stuff.

Due to these high (in the 80s) temperatures, along with low humidity and wind, the National Weather Service has issued a Red Flag Warning, due to high wildfire danger.

Here's the warning....

Urgent - Fire Weather Message National Weather Service Fort Worth TX 253 PM CDT Wed Apr 8 2009

A Red Flag Warning Is In Effect Thursday Afternoon For The Northwest Two Thirds Of North Texas Due To Gusty Southwest Winds, Very Low Humidities, And Very Warm Temperatures.

A Deep Surface Low Pressure System Will Move East Across Oklahoma On Thursday And Result In The Passage Of A Dryline Across North Texas During The Afternoon. Very Warm, Windy, And Dry Conditions Will Occur Behind The Dryline Resulting In Critical Fire Conditions Through Sunset Thursday Evening.

1 comment:

twister said...

Yup, I was wondering what was wrong, too. By the way I finally made it out to River Legacy Park and took a little spin. On one the trails I was on it spilled me out onto the concrete walking path. A few minutes on, I saw a sign warning about being fined while on the concrete path. The sign was right by a dirt path so I went back out. One question and one observation. What do the two red dots painted on the trees mean? Also River Legacy is a more enjoyable ride than Sansom Park, although it's not near as challenging as Sansom Park. River Legacy is much prettier, being that it is river bottoms, dirt trails and meadow like conditions, while Sansom is rocky and scree. Now there's definitely some challenging loop do loops at River Legacy but overall it is much more enjoyable and pretty too.